Sunday 31 July 2011

come fairies...



'Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame! '
William Butler Yeats

The sun has finally come out in Sydney, a beautiful weekend and all seems rosy again. The babes spent two hours after school last Friday under the Crepe Myrtle tree creating the most intricate fairy garden, fairy queen house, elves river (complete with water and bridge) and very clear directions (written on gum leaves of course) to the bird bath should they wish to bathe in this beautiful sunshine. Simplicity.

The next morning at 8.15am my very special friend gave birth to her beautiful new baby girl and I wondered if it may have been somehow related to the fairies that played in the girls fairyland that evening.

Welcome to the world little fairy - we are so looking forward to getting to know you.

[glass raindrops and zinc stars hanging above the fairy garden - heaven in earth]




1 comment:

  1. Hi gorgeous what special times you are having with your girls. I am envious in the nicest possible way. While I do try incorporate as much magic and wonder as I can, we tend to always end up back at ben 10, robots, dinosaurs and superheros. Love hearing about your days!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.