Monday 2 April 2012

quiet hearts


'There is always music amongst the trees in the garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it' Minnie Aumonier

I have let life get too noisy lately... or was that the power tools? So today as I rather deliriously roughed in the electrical cables (only 5 hours sleep as Babe2 was up half the night vomiting) I looked beyond the construction site and realised that the Magnolias and Gardenias have not noticed the chaos, the scheduling and the dust... they are in glorious lemon-scented bloom all over the garden and I have been too lost in the noise to notice.

Hello garden, I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blog Clare. I look forward to following the renovation.Gardens do indeed speak, that's part of their beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.