Sunday 2 September 2012

desperately seeking magic



'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it' Roald Dahl

I believe, I believe... but man it's testing every part of me at the moment. The internal walls in the old house look like this photo while we wait for the renderer. We're open to the elements in places again where the windows are being altered. There are huge holes in the floor where the walls were moved and even though the finished section offers some respite... it's rapidly filling up with building materials and fixtures that can't be left in the old house because they'll get trashed. The excitement of last week's wall relocations is fading as we face the hard slog ahead.

I hate to write these posts as it makes me feel ungrateful and frankly it's dull complaining because really we just have to get on with it... but I also feel they're sometimes necessary. I know friends reading this are going through the same thing and it's wrong to think it's always rosy or rewarding or satifying... because sometimes it's just plain miserable. But I believe, I believe... let's hope magic is hiding behind the next ceiling joist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.