Monday 4 March 2013

an old friend

After the success of our previous table restoration I decided to have ago at our outdoor table. This one was given to me by my older sister about 20 years ago when a graphic design studio were throwing out 3 of them out.

It's had a quite a life with us from outdoor table to stained dark brown for our dining room in Surry Hills, then my Studio table (covered in paint spills) at Randwick and then the work bench during the reno here.

An hour or so with the belt sander, then a lot of hand sanding, a very dilute layer of Porter's Paints Palm Beach White, then 2 coats of Porter's Paints Clearcoat (sanding in between).

It will be our outdoor dining / my outdoor studio table now and I'm so it's starting afresh. It really does show the wear and tear of shared adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.